Winery Cà dei Frati
The Cà dei Frati company was already known as far back as 1782, as reported in a document found which certifies "a house with a cellar located in Lugana in the Sermion area known as the place of the Friars".
Felice Dal Cero, son of Domenico, former winemaker in Montecchia di Crosara in the Verona area, had learned from his father all the passion and knowledge of the art of winemaking, and in 1939, he moved to that house in Lugana di Sirmione. The years pass, the art is handed down from generation to generation, and after thirty years of work in the vineyard and in the cellar in 1969, his son Pietro bottles his first label in Lugana Casa dei Frati, later called Cà dei Frati.
In 2012 Pietro Dal Cero passed away, leaving his wife Santa Rosa and children Igino, Gian Franco and Anna Maria to manage the company, who carry it on with the same passion and determination.
The grapes from the different vineyards are vinified separately in order to best express the expressions of the terroir. The various stages of processing take place with the highest respect for the raw material, with an innovative production technique skilfully refined over the years that allows the cellar to obtain intact and long-lived wines. This is also thanks to his friend Gino Veronelli who collaborated to conceive wines projected over time.
Igino Dal Cero
Via Frati, 22 - 25019 Sirmione (BS)